Monday, October 22, 2007

On Authority

After my previous post about what I thought God would say I remembered something,
that is how it should sound like when He speaks,
That which I wrote sounded like it was coming from somebody with power & authority.
somebody who wasn't just talking.
Who can actually do something!
it had a certain... certainty!
Which I believe is a quality that has to be in God's words.
I remembered what was written
"for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes."
Matt 7: 29
And I saw a new meaning in this verse,
He was teaching as if he was sure things will change for the better,
as if he can change them himself,

I believe he did
is
& will still...

to me, that redefined authority,
it's being able to make things happen, rather than being able to order them to happen.
which only now do I realise, are two very different things.

No comments:

Post a Comment