Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Can It Ever Work? ii


One of the main points of an article I've just read recently, is how our low self-esteem (with just reason, we're a country corrupt to the marrow!) is actually causing our superficial religiousness.

Along with Python's comments on the previous post, I think we can start thinking in the direction that one way to remedy our combined corruption/fanaticism is to try and replace value in people's lives.

Now what can possibly inject value into a bloated, vulgar and empty-headed community?
It could be rewarding work, it could be intellectual stimulation (yes, I know the term sounds too haughty for the street quality of the problem, but play along will ya!), and it could be... love.

I personally believe that Love gives lovers a sense of value, as well as purpose and (usually) compassion. And oh how we need value, purpose & compassion!
I'm open to suggestions to other alternatives, but for now at least, I have this list of values.

Now all we need is a strategic plan detailing how to promote those vaules, I guess.

And in the way of progressive revelation, let that be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment