Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Forty Things

Hey everyone, check this out, did anyone ever see this before?
Go ahead & take a look, seriously.
No really, it's so useful. I mean this ought to lift up your spirits with the current state of the job market.
You think I'm kidding? Okay, skip the article & read the comments section...

People are all so psyched!

Some people even seem to have been rescued from suicide upon reading it. (there might be some who weren't, but I guess we'll never know how many)

Okay, seriously seriously now... what the **** is this ****?!

It's not the article itself that is making me this incredulous, I mean the article is what it is: half a joke, half commercial nonesense (it is after all, an article on Bayt, not Forbes!) and you expect nothing more from Bayt.com, nor from an article entitled "Forty Things To Do When You're Fired"!

It's the comments that really got to me.
I wanted to see comments that take the article as what it is: a joke. I only found one comment mentioning laughing about it.
Everyone seemed to take the "advice" of the article seriously.

Seriously?!!

I've been through that feeling of being unemployed before, while having responsibilities to worry about.
The feeling of panic slowly building up till it reaches your mouth, like water pouring inside a box with a rat inside and... too serious, mate, tone it down

Okay, so what I'm trying to say is that if you actually were fired or about to be, this article would drive you up the wall with its combo of desperate humor and useless pop culture advice... it's almost depressing.

And how people seemed to take it is even funnier than the article, in an even more desperate and depressing sense!

1 comment:

  1. What do u expect from people living in a region where they've been hardwired to watch TV operas seriously and think "Wa 2eslamaah" is good literature !!

    It all begins with the arts...

    ReplyDelete